Saturday 28 September 2013

I fancy Scrapbook Pages!!

Hi Everyone!!!

Nikita here, and today I am sharing what fancies me. While working on this challenge I realised that I have no particular style as such. I mean there is, but I don't know what to call it. Generally, it is somewhere in between CAS and 'All over the place' but sometimes it is clearly CAS (when I'm too lazy) or clearly all over the place (when I'm feeling particularly ambitious!) :P So today, I'm going to share with you a project that is a blend of both.

Lately, I have been making a lot of scrapbook pages, and I thought it would be apt to showcase that for my 'style.' As for the technique, I am going to show you quite a few techniques that I use in both - card-making as well as scrapbooking. And when I said show, I really meant show you on video but as luck would have it, there's something called Carpal Tunnel (every crafter's dream! Yes, I am being sarcastic) that hasn't allowed me to edit the video (that I've been trying for the whole of this week) without a sharp pain shooting up my arm. So that will have to wait. :( I wish I could have told you it was my stupid internet connection, but that has been working just fine. 

In short, pictures will have to suffice. When I do finish editing the video, I will update it here :)

So, this LO has my most favourite of all things... STITCHING!!! :D :D

I stitched using my Sew Easy Tool and this stitch piercer. I just got it a few days ago and wanted to try it out!!! Loved how the colours on the thread match perfectly with the Base PP, which by the way, is from the DCWV Mambi Mixed Media 12x12 Collection (Such gorgeous papers!!!)


Then I did some fussy cutting!! I cut out these butterflies from two different PPs. I cut out a number of them and distressed the edges with Tea Dye Distress Ink. using my blending tool.

The big butterflies on this page are from this PP from Jillibean Soup's Blossom Soup 6x6 Pad

And the smaller ones from this one from My Mind's Eye's Miss Caroline Dolled Up 6x6 Pad


Next up, is another one of my most favourite things to use - Washi Tapes!!
I created small banners out of various multicoloured Washi tapes and stuck them on a little piece of twine.

For the page title, I used thickers.

This page also had a tag-line - Together & Forever. I cut these alphabets out using Memory Box's Classic Lower Case Alphabet Die. I have stamped a little red heart instead of the 'O' :)

I also added a Cycle. I cut it out using Memory Box's Brand New Bicycle Die on various colours of CS and PP and then put it all together to get a colourful cycle.

Around the picture, I added a few stickers, chipboard, die cuts and a doily to make the page full!!!

Here's a glimpse of the entire page


UPDATE - October 5, 2013.
I've finally managed to edit and upload the video and here it is! :)

Here is the list of the products & supplies used on this Layout...





I hope you guys are having fun with this challenge.. And we are loving your entries. Keep 'em coming!! If you haven't linked up yet, what are you waiting for? We're looking for a project that showcases a style that you fancy and a technique that you fancy.. Put them both together and you've got your awesome creation!

You have three more days (including today) till the challenge closes!

See you all next time...
Love,
Nikita!! :)

2 comments:

  1. thats a super fun n beautiful lo...loved all detailing...seems so easy but still cant even put a single element on ryt place....but searching n learning more abt los....thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.