Monday 16 September 2013

Lulupu Challenge #17 - Fancy Me!

A super good morning to all you wonderful crafters! Hope you had an awesome crafty weekend like i did! :) ( of course, allll the new goodies at LULUPU make you want to just shop and not craft!)

I'm here to announce our 2nd challenge for this month! Isn't that cool! and yes we looooved all your gorgeous entries for Lulupu challenge #16 and the winners will be announced real soon.. :)

So this month's challenge is 

CHALLENGE #17 - FANCY ME!

Challenge #17 - Qualification Guidelines 
{General Guidelines - here}

1. Create ANY project that showcases a style/technique you fancy - CAS, Vintage, Shabby Chic, CAS, Distressing, Paper Piecing and so on
2. Mention what your style is and which technique you fancy the most and why.

3. Please note that the Inlinkz for this challenge will close on September 30, 2013 at 11:55 PM IST.


and here is what the Winner gets along with a chance to be our next Guest DT! 



Magic Happens Collectables Cardstock Die-Cuts 50/Pkg

So when I heard about the challenge, to be very honest I was stumped! Simply because I realized that I don't have any particular style that i fancy yet.. :) But then i thought, yes I do have a style - the love for experimenting  :) So recently i took off from the love of colours and picked a style I fancy and i tried a Vintage Style.

Here is my photo frame which I made from scratch :)






I started with blank chipboard which I die cut and then layered with gesso and then distressed away with walnut stain and antique linen.. A bit of random stamping with some script stamps on the frame itself and then some mod podge and bits of paper later, I had my base ready :)

Here are some close ups of the frame details :)





Now these embellies :) arent they jusssst gorgeous :) I love love love my MOD MOLDS! These are Mod Podge CHA 2013 releases and they are simply too good.. You can now make your own embellies at home and colour them to your fancy! They come in 3 different designs- nature, ornaments, flowers.. :)

I've used my local craft gun and filled up the butterfly.. Just wait for about a minute and you can pop out the butterfly.. 

The best thing i like about them is that the object when dry, pop out with such ease! no more messes!




To colour the butterfly I mixed some distress ink with the gesso and painted it. Once dry I added the shading details :) 


Lulupu also has the mini melts in stock which can be used as well :)

That's all from me today! Waiting to see you showcase your styles and catch our FANCY! ;)

Love
Pratiksha



Supplies Used

17 comments:

  1. Lovely challenge and those embellies are pretty cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the photo frame and thanks for sharing the interesting MOd Mold technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Ayushi! Please check now.. The post has been updated. :)

      Delete
  4. Fabulous inspiration by all !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pratiksha,

    I am thinking of getting the mold.. Could you please tell me how you got them filled? is there is a material I can buy at Lulupu?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi nabeela

      Yes, lulupu has the glue gun refills and the mod melt sticks which are similar to glue gun sticks. just pop them into a hot melt glue gun and use in the mold. :)

      Delete
  6. super challenge!

    and pretty pretty inspiration Pratiksha! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the challenge. I am in.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry I didn't add 2 on my second post in this challenge. Plz help.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.