Lulupu.com - India's favourite Online Paper Craft Supplies Store. Join the Blog for inspirations and challenges!
Visit our store to Shop - www.lulupu.com.
COD and *Free Shipping across India on orders worth Rs.2500
I have always loved Pinwheels on cards and layouts and untill yesterday thought that they needed expensive dies to make, but guess what not only do they NOT need any dies they are also extremely easy to make! Incase you've also wanted to make a pinwheel and thought they were too much work this tutorial is just for you!
You will need:
1. A square piece of double sided patterned paper,
2. Decorative brads or buttons for the pinwheel center
3. Used glitter pen refill for the pinwheel stick, I say glitter pen refill cause these are thicker than a regular ball point pen refill, you can use either.
4. Washi tape in coordinating colors to cover the refill.
5. Some ribbon for the bow on the stick (this is optional).
6. Scissors, stapler, glue, hot glue gun (optional, you can use fevicol or any other craft glue instead).
First up cut your double sided patterned paper into a square of desired dimension. I used a 2.5x2.5inch piece of paper to create a pinwheel embellishment for a 6.5x6.5inch card.
Make diagonal cuts from each corner of the square towards the center. Do not cut all the way through to the center, stop a little before it. You will get four sections which look like this.
Fold over one corner of one section into the center of the square.
Repeat with the same corner for the rest of the sections, your paper should look like this.
Make sure that all the corners overlap a bit and staple them in place.
Place a brad or button to cover up the staple.
Now for the stick, cover up the used refill with washi or any other decorative tape and secure it behind your pinwheel with hot glue. You can also hot glue a small bow on the stick.
This is what my finished Pinwheel looks like
and here's a finished card with the Pinwheel.
Incase you haven't already (or even if you have) do participate in this months challenge....details can be found here...hurry only a few days left!