Wednesday 1 August 2012

Flower embellishment made with circle punch


      

Hi everyone its Snehal here!

We enjoyed your Mini albums last month.You were all so enthusiastic and creative.

Also it was great to learn some fabulous tips and techniques on making mini albums from our DT at Lulupu.

This month we have a special challenge for you! The whole month the Lulupu DT will show you some easy peasy ways to make handmade embellishments for your crafty needs  Not only is making your own embellishments cheaper; but also creatively satisfying. Embellishments are of many kinds and I guarantee you that you will love what our team has to offer this entire month.The list is extensive and exhaustive!

To begin with we will make a simple flower which is not only easy but also quick and can be used on any of your favorite projects! I have a pictorial tutorial to clearly explain the method of making it. So hear we go!

You need a circle punch, glue and pattern paper

take 6 circles

Fold each circle like this
Repeat the process for all five circles.the sixth one is the base for the flower


Apply glue on the base circle

stick the folded circles on the base

Continue sticking until complete

Your flower is done

This is the rear side of the flower.pick whichever side you like.
Just to show you how you can use the flower to embellish a scrapbook page...I am showing you this one.Look at the big and small blooms...aren't they gorgeous?

Hope you find it inspiring and easy enough to try it out.

The challenge this month is of course - you guessed it -

Create your own embellishment.

It could be any size or shape..just about anything that catches your fancy.You could use scraps,
clay, brads, paints, punches, fabrics, ribbons..absolutely anything...you are only limited by your imagination.

Whats more?! The winner gets a gift voucher worth Rs.300 to shop at www.lulupu.com!!! :D How cool is that?!

You have until the end of this month to link up your project.
* It is not necessary to use items purchased from Lulupu.com (though we would love it if you do).
* Please link back to this challenge page with inklinz and drop a message in the comment box to alert our
   DT.
* You can link up your creation to a maximum of 5 challenges including this one to qualify.
* The challenge is open to only Indian nationals.
* No Back linking please. We would love to see what you make post this challenge is announced.
* Maximum 2 entries per person will be allowed

Edited-WINNER GETS TO DO A GUEST POST.THIS TIME POOJA WILL DO A GUEST POST ON 15TH AUG.

22 comments:

  1. Snehal how easily you have made it...I have tried in the past but always struggle to get those crisp tiny folds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Tute is so well explained and i love this flower ...i have tried my hand at in the past but never with a pattern paper ...i think it looks so lovely!!!the challenge this time is so fun...will try to link up soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow! this is such a cute flower...thanks for the tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very well explained tutorial, Snehal! :) and a very pretty layout! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... Wonderful embellishment.. and so simple too.. I would love to participate in this challenge. Will try something soon... Cya Snehal... and yes thanks for this tute...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice idea and card,thanks for inspiring me do something new with my punch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i would like to add a entry.. i don't have a blog.. if i still qualify to add one, can you send me the details on prathiba.devi@gmail.com please?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely embellishment. It inspires a lot. Thank you snehal

    Shylaashree

    http://adhiraacreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the easy stey by step tutorial.. Would like to try this for my next card..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Made my entry 4 ur lovely theme:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Made My entry to this theme :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oops sorry Snehal....I have linked this one in my post now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Made my entry for the first time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, I have made my entries to enter into this beautiful theme. Kindly ignore #48 as by mistake i have submitted my blog's url...apart in # 49 & 50 I have submitted the relative entries. Kindly acknowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I guess I am just in time to submit my entry for this challenge...Thank you for throwing this challenge..:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this theme. Have linked up my card!
    P.S. Awesome inspirations from the DT.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Havel inked up my card :) Thank you for the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Finally at the last hour have linked up my project. Snehal I nearly thouht I would have to miss it! Karuna at last I have managed to participate in your challenge.sharing a mini tutorial too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.