Monday 27 June 2016

Pendant using Mudra Stamps/ Picture Tutorial

Hello everyone,
Its Roshni here …. Today I have a very interesting project to share with you all …. When I got the MUDRA Botanical Blooms stamp collection in my DT kit I wanted to create something really different using these stamps … so what I made was this pendant …. But you can actually use it as any décor piece like wall hanging… car hanging …. Planner band, key chain etc, you can also make this in different sizes too…. I also have a tutorial for it. Here is a picture of the pendant I created.





Before I start I would like to mention that the packaging and quality of these stamps are awesome… it comes in a thick plastic packet to store your stamps in and the second thing I love about the packaging is  that the two transparent sheets that hold the stamps are stuck together…. I personally tend to lose my transparent sheets, being stick together would help it last longer <3



 Now let’s start with the tutorial
The first thing I did was I took an old book page and stamping different layers to build the flower…I have used Distress Inks for all my stamping..  for the roses and buds I used Spun sugar as the base layer followed by Worn Lipstick and Fired Brick


 For the filler flowers I used Salty Ocean and Mustard Seed and for the leaves I have used  Mowed Lawn and Shabby Shutters



When I was done creating my focal image I covered the imaged and splattered diluted Black Paint  around it …


Then I applied transparent packaging tape and covered the front and back of the image….
I made a frame using wire and hammered it to make it flat… then I poured a thin layer of resin just for the frame and paper to stick together and kept it aside to set for a couple of hours.... instead of resin you can also use Mod Podge Dimensional Magic  



 I trimmed the excess paper around the image added mica flakes and micro beads on the edges and poured some more resin on the top…. Let it aside to set for 12 hours and your cool customized neck piece will be ready ….. sharing a few more pictures :)



Hope you all liked my work and I was able to inspire you :) 
This is my last post for Lulupu and I would like to thank Karuna for giving me the opportunity to be a part of the awesome team... it was a Wonderful  and enriching experience... sharing few of my favorite DT projects :)

To see the complete project click here


To see the complete project click here


 To see the complete project click Here

Supplies Used

MUDRA Botanical Blooms
Spun sugar
Worn Lipstick
Fired Brick,
Salty Ocean
Mustard Seed and
Mowed Lawn   Distress Inks
Black Paint 


Thank you everyone for your love and support <3
 Roshni 

7 comments:

  1. Such a unique and gorgeous creation Roshni
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the way you used the stamps and beautifully explained roshni. your projects are unique and inspired us a lot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous work, Roshni. Loved all your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVED all your creations Roshni!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, cool pendant! Love to see your creations again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow very creative and unique, looking so dashing thanks for sharing. keep it up!

    craftera.in

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.