Tuesday 12 April 2016

Cards showcasing 'We R Memory Keepers' Embossing Strips

Hello and good morning folks!

Jasleen here today and I hope you are enjoying this month's Mood Board challenge and the DT inspiration work shared so far. :)

Today I'll be sharing three cards showcasing True Stories embossing strips by 'We R memory Keepers.'

For starters, these embossing strips are 2 by 6 inches sized little embossing folders that help to add texture and dimension to the paper craft projects, such as greeting cards, scrapbook pages, tags or photo albums. One pack includes six different designs of these strips and they can be used with any brand of die-cutting or embossing machines.

Here's my first card where I used the 'Celebrate' embossing strip :


I wanted the dry embossed sentiment to be the main 'hero' of the card so I didn't want to clutter it with too many elements. But I did add a few 'sidekicks' ;), that is, the stars, by die-cutting and using the negative part as the front panel and adding different acrylic colours behind them.


For my second card, I embossed the card front using 'camera' embossing strip design from the pack.

QUICK TIP

If you want your dry embossed area to appear more prominent, colour it up, just like I did in the card below.


Added a pattern paper strip along with the washi tapes to add some interest. That 'smile' is a die-cut I received in my DT kit along with the Ephemera Papericious PapersThose little hearts and the sentiment '#lovethis' is from the Pink Paisley stamp set - Switch board. Sponged the embossed 'cameras' using different coloured distress inks, added a few enamel dots here and there, and finally added a wooden 'camera' embellishment from my stash. I like how trendy and fun this card looks :)

And last but not the least, my third card which uses an embossed sentiment banner.


On a black card base, I clear embossed the tine floral stamps from the Pink Paisely stamp and die set - Switch Board.Those flowers are handmade using felt and the leaves are die-cut from a burlap using Sizzix thinlits die set - Olivia. Embossed the sentiment banner using the embossing strip folder and Heat embossed the sentiment Mama Elephant - True friends stamp set, using Ranger's white embossing powder. Popped up this panel over the card base and added those handmade felt flowers.

That's all from my end today. Hope you liked the cards. Do you have a favorite? :)

Looking forward to see you participate in our mood board challenge. Link up your entries HERE.

Happy Crafting !

-- Jasleen.

Supplies from www.lulupu.com :

1. We R memory Keepers Embossing strips- True Stories

2. Pink Paiseley Switchboard stamp and die set

3.  Ephemera Papericious Die-cuts

4. Washi Tapes

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards. Loved the different ways embossing strips can be used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...i love all 3 cards...Super trendy and classy...If u insist still..I would prefer to take black embossed card,where colored florals pop..as am absolute fan of black ;) :)
    Super cards, Jas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Jasleen! How do you come with such great card designs?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards Jasleen !You have done a gr8 job highlighting the embossing strips ,Yes I do have a Favorite.. first one loved the clean n colorful look..but then I loved the cameras on second one and the felt flowers pop beautifully on third one..ok All three are my Favorite ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wooohoooo!! You nailed it Jasleen!! All are my fave- there are simple stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how u focused on dry embossing as well as heat embossing! Wonderful creations Jasleen!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.