Wednesday 23 March 2016

Birthday-Themed Scrapbook Layout using Papericious papers | Pictorial

Hello and Good morning friends ! :)

Hope you all are doing great !

This is Jasleen, back with a new post based on this month's challenge theme. And as you all might be aware of by  now, that this month we are celebrating Lulupu's 4th birthday. (To view this month's challenge details, please click HERE.)  And of course the celebration won't be complete without some fun games, exciting giveaways and amazing prizes. :)

Link up for the Birthday Raffle worth Rs.15000 prize HERE

For Game#1-Crossword puzzle, check it out over HERE and
 
Game#2 -Lulupu's instagram contest, over HERE!

Follow us on @lulupu.tcl on Instagram! :)
 

I have a scrapbook layout to share with you all, featuring the gorgeous Papericious pattern papers- Often Collection, that I recieved in my DT kit. The trendy designs and vibrant colours of the papers from 'Often' collection make it a perfect choice of papers for making cute and trendy layouts. :)
 



 
I followed the second row-R2-- Balloons, papers, washi and banners. 
 
 
Sharing the step-by-step making process below :-
 
 

 
1.Firstly, I  decided which picture I wished to scrap about and the papers I wanted to use.


 
2. On a 12 by 12 sheet of sturdy card stock, I decided where I wanted the main picture to be, and  stamped multiple number of  'Happy Day' sentiments from Altenew Hennah Elements stamp set accordingly,  as shown above.


3. Then I sprinkled some Lindys' magical micas powder- Bubbly  over the stamped area and sprinkled some water droplets over it. That gave me a beautiful peachy and shimmery watercoloured effect.
 
3. Then I wound around a silver thread to make a rough circle . This step took the longest. It was quite difficult to hold the silver thread in place due to its stiffness. That's where my daughter came to my rescue ;) I asked her to hold it at one side while I stick the other side down, using some tacky tape.  :)
 
 
4. Now came the most challenging part (for me atleast :P) and that is, embellishing. I started off by matting the main picture with some layers of  patterned papers and adhereing it down. I die cut a few circles to serve as balloons with the twines, wooden buttons, added the handmade felt bow, made some banners out of the same patterned papers and stuck it in the corner, washi tape, added some suitable die cuts received with the Papericious papers., some butterflies ,enamel dots and sequins. You can find the enitre collection of the beautiful Papericious papers  HERE and the new arrivals HERE  .
 

 
5. Sprinkled some Lindy's magical micas powder on the right hand side as well, and splattered some navy blue coloured ink droplets here and there.

 
Some close-up views
 

 
 
You know what's the best thing about making a scrapbook layout? Well, they say crafting has no rules and one thing that completely holds true to this adage is creating a scrapbook LO. There are still some guidelines for different styles of crafting, but when it comes to scrapbook layouts, I think it's more of a liberal sort, we are free to follow any design, any embellishment, we can stick to one colour scheme or we can choose to go wild with the colours, the choice is entirely ours. And this  creative freedom is what makes it more enjoyable :) Don't you think?
 
I hope you feel inspired to try making a scrapbook layout yourself, if you haven't tried already. Just choose your favorite birthday pic and scrap to your heart's content. Waiting to see your entries HERE .
 
Supplies from Lulupu store :-
 
 
 
3.  Altenew Hennah elements stamp set (used for the sentiment 'happy day')
 
That's all from my end now. Thanks for stopping by.
 
Happy 'Holi'days ! ;)
 
--Jasleen

15 comments:

  1. Cheerful LO in Happy colors! Love how you embellished it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute....and happy colours.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute....and happy colours.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVED the use of patterned papers ! Such a pretty and cheerful layout Jasleen! Absolutely LOVE it! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love with the layout ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a Happy Layout Jasleen! All the colorful embellishments look fab on it and I loved the CAS ,fun look !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow LO's LO :) and the love the fact that whole embellies gave such a balanced look...super gorgeous splatters added pretty touch...Love it Jas :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous page Jasleen! Seems like another hidden talent of yours ;)!
    I totally agree about what you said about scrapbooking...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous!! This is so colourful and vibrant, full of happy elements! Thanks for sharing the making :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous layout.Embellishments looks very pretty on it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey jasleen awesome ya ... when I saw didn't notice so much in details but a closer look does show ur efforts.. ����

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you everyone for your lovely comments. :) Mean a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.