Tuesday 23 June 2015

Guest designer: Kavitha and a mixed media card

Hello everyone!!!!
Neha here, I hope you are enjoying this month's theme. All the details about our current challenge can be found here. 


This month we have Kavitha as our guest designer. Her style is shabby chic which is her favorite too. So Lets hear about her and then head over to see the inspiration she has made for us.



1. Tell us a little about yourself and your family.
    Hello all, I am Kavitha from Chennai. I am a computer science graduate ,by driven by my passion for colors  and designing I did a couple of short term courses in fashion designing
    and fine arts.Now I am free lance artist n a entrepreneur 

2. How did you become interested in crafts and what inspired you to start blogging?
    I always wanted to do something related to designing n creativity and wanted to do it on my own,so crafting gave a way for everything I dreamed.While browsing i came across blogger n started a blog , I was not even aware of art blogs those time (around five years back ), I just wanted to try it for fun.Initially I was just sharing my previous works,but when I came across some paper craft blogs n challenge blogs I become really hooked up, n started blogging regularly.
   
3. What are some of your "go-to" supplies for crafting?
    First n foremost is a trimmer,I cannot cut it straight with knife or scissors :)  n I love using dies n lots of flowers n ribbons in my projects.

4. What is your favorite crafting technique?
     Mixed media,there is lot of freedom with mixed media which I love very much and it gives me a chance to use my painting skills a bit which I miss after  started with paper crafting.


5. How would you describe your crafting style?
    I love adding layers n dimension and depth  to my projects.I also love to do trendy  n stylish cards.


6. How long have you been crafting?
    I  guess its been 7-8 years professionally:)

7. My signature style
    Mix of trendy and shabby 

8. Who are some of your influences? Who has been your inspiration?
    I dont have any one in particular but I have a long list of favorites whose work I love to see.I mostly follow mixed media artists.


9. When not crafting , what keeps you busy?
    Haha of course browsing through internet.

10. What are you currently working on?
      Mini albums n some layouts.

Thank you Kavitha, it was so nice reading about you. So now lets checkout what she has made. 


               Today I am sharing a shabby chic  layered card which is one of my most                        favorite style.

I layered two pattern papers,both distressed on the edges n added some white gesso.
Then I  added some layers of tulle n seam binding ribbon for  giving  dimension to my flower arrangement.Then I arranged some mulberry flowers n resin pieces. I added a little bit of gesso for the whole arrangement to give a  shabby look.


Hope you liked my card,sorry I couldn't make a tutorial this time,but if you have any doubt please feel free to ask in the comment section,see ya:).
Kavitha

Wow, Kavitha I loved this shabby chic card. Loved the arrangement of Tulle, ribbons and flowers, so shabby!!! 
So guys! there is still some time left to enter the challenge!!! You can link your entries here.

Hugs!!!
Neha

6 comments:

Thank you for your comments and feedback.