Monday 3 March 2014

Mixed Media Clock and Prizes & Coupon voucher!

Hello Beautiful Crafters,
Shilpa here,
Hope you had a peaceful weekend!
 Are you gearing up for our  wonderful March Challenge?

 Challenge#27 Lulupu 2nd Birthday Special
 
Hussena must have inspired you with her delightful creation and awesome craft work on the Frame.

And as promised the prizes are bigger than ever!!
Win Prizes worth Rs.15000!
So hang on to your hearts as we have prizes not only for the winner but all the the Top 3 for each category :)

Category 1 Winner's Prize



Prizes for the Top 3 Winners of Category 1 




----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Category 2 Winner's Prize

Prizes for the Top 3 Winners of Category 2




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Category 3 Winner's Prize


Prizes for the Top 3 Winners of Category 2






Today, I'll present A Mixed Media Clock Frame. Its Lulupu's 2nd Birthday, So it is about time..beautiful time..so as an artist I saw it as 'Clock' which I made round. I wanted to make something new, something better, something leading to joy and happiness and which I've not tried before for this Gala Event at Lulupu 



Let me take you through my thought process for this project.
Starting with alphabets..we have to use L, U, P, T, C
Let's see What I have used here?

L- Lavender (3 shades), Layers, Lasercut wood embellishments, Lindy's Gang Products
U- UTEE
P- Pattern papers, Pearls,
T- Texture paste, Tarnished brass (Distress paint),
C- Charms, Crafters workshop stencils, Chipboard, Caps, Clock die cut, Cord (paper)

I started off with my Gesso and Texture paste. And I tried to add lots more texture with shells, mushroom and gears laser-cut pieces, metal charms, caps, paper flowers, buttons and fillers.I have explained these basic steps with photos in my previous tutorial, here.
 I wanted darker shade in the background, so I spritzed Star burst -Silent Night Silver. Let it dry completely. I totally love Lindys and can never have enough of these gorgeous products!
Lindy's spray colours are permanent when they dry. We can create layers with different colours and results will be incredible! If you have not tried, you will surely by the end of this post!! Surprise!



You will find my tiny add-ons here with details.


I've also used Acrylic paints and Distress paints to get the desired effect.


The clock is die cut from card stock, I attached 4 pieces together to get the thickness. It is looking glossy, right? yes I've used Clear UTEE, it is thick heat embossing powder, which gives enamel texture to the surface.
Finally, I embellished the frame with flowers and pearls.

Hope you've got inspired with my Mixed Media Clock.
We are looking forward to your amazing entries to drool over!

And after seeing my posts on using the gorgeous Lindys Stamp Gang Sprays You might be craving for some? So its your lucky day Blogger Friends!
Lulupu Store is offering  a discount of 15% flat when you buy any 3 or more Lindy's Products. Valid until 4th March 2014 mid night







Lots of Love
Shilpa


Supplies used :


8 comments:

  1. Absolutely love the clock Shilps...so many textures and the colors are fab. Yhe goodies are tempting too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shilpa, what a wonderful idea behind your creation. As always,your mixed media project is super-brilliant!
    Oh, and that's a tempting line-up of prizes there. Would love to play along ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shilpa ..Your mixed media clock is just Amazing !!! so many lovely layers and textures incorporated so beautifully !! I just love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous mixed media clock! stunning! and such awesome prizes wow!! Lulupu is always in celebration mood..I love this blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Gorgeous layers of paint and texture

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats a stunning mixed media clock ...loved it ...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.