Monday 26 November 2012

How To: Unique flower embellishments from stamps!


Hello,

I hope you have enjoyed all the fun things going on the blog this month with some wonderful creations and tutorials from the design team. And there's still time to participate in this month's challenge, don't forget to play along.

Today I am sharing some interesting things to do with your regular stamps, particularly flower stamps. I have to admit that from all the stamps that I own, floral ones have to be my favorite. I love how versatile they are and how they can be used to create some super fun and unique flower embellishments in no time.

For today's post, I am using the Micia "You are Special" Stamp Set (product link at the end of the post). I had never used Micia Stamps before but when this stamp set came as a part of my DT kit for Lulupu, I fell in love. I am so impressed with the quality and the price of these stamps(they are unbelievably low!!). I think I will be adding a few more to my stash in the coming days :)

So let's get started and make some flowers.

Using card stock






Experiment with colored embossing powder on different card stock to get some gorgeous looking flowers.


Using pattern papers



Colored embossing powder on different pattern papers to get some gorgeous looking flowers.

Using water color papers



Using Vellum 



Effects & Embellish

- Scrunch
- Spritz with water
- Distress the edges using a distressing tool/pair of scissors
- Distress the edges using a dark shade of distress inks.
- Layer
- embellish with pearls, bling, brads or button .

And here are my flowers all ready to adorn a project. Ain't they pretty??





Here are some of the products from Lulupu.com which I feel would be great for such ventures in flower making :)




I hope you had fun and that you will try maximizing your stamps and make your own unique flower embellishments.

See ya next time!


11 comments:

  1. wow.. flowers are so pretty!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an amazing idea! I already saw them used on some of your projects.... very nice embellishments...thanks for the idea Ujjwal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow .have to learn about heat embossing .can you please share a tutorial on this .thanks
    megha
    http://meghanuj01.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous flowers. Thanks for the tip.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty flowers.Awesome tips and lovely ideas...Thank U!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome use of same stamp to make such beautiful flowers.I am defiitely going to try them once lay my hands on those yummy stamps

    ReplyDelete
  7. pretty flowers

    http://theepz-madcrafts.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome tutorial Ujjawal...i was bit confused when i tried my hands on embossing powders..but now everything cleared.Thanks a lot for such lovely tips and ideas.

    Rajni
    (http://rajnichawlahandmade.blogspot.in/)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.