Thursday 1 November 2012

Challenge #6 - Shabby Chic Shaped Cards

A very happy morning to you all!!

Its me, Ujjwal, writing my very first post here at Lulupu as part of the Design Team and can I just say I am excited :)

We are starting this month with a fresh challenge (and an interesting one at that), my inspiration piece and a fun video tutorial. And we have a lot more inspiration, ideas, tips and techniques lined up for you throughout the month.


The challenge this month is of course

Shabby Chic Shaped cards

It has to be a Card only - could be any size or shape other than a regular rectangular or square shape.


So when I was given the challenge to work on, my thoughts went something like this:
Card challenge - cool :)
Shaped cards - hmm I can do that!
Shabby Chic - Ohh well, really??

If you are my kinda person who prefers making clean and simple cards, shabby chic is something that can make us quite uncomfortable. So I thought I'd share a basic idea of what I have learned about shabby chic style of crafting during all these years. Hope this helps to get you all started.

P.S. Feel free to google on shabby chic crafts, there's a lot of information and beautiful pictures out there to inspire you.

What is Shabby Chic?
  • Layering (layers of paint and/or papers)
  • Distressing (worn out, aged look)
  • Pure white, neutrals or bleached out pastel colors
  • Soft, relaxed, feminine, elegant and romantic feel
  • Floral patterns and use of lace and pearls

And here is a little shabby chic card I created incorporating all of the above mentioned features :) I loved the Blooms in the Micia stamp set - You Are Special - CPM 076 from the Lulupu Store and thought these would make the perfect embellishment for my card!





And here's the video to show you how i made the card from start to finish. Hope you enjoy it!



Supplies used
From Lulupu.com



Other products

- Nestabilities Label 1 Die
- Hero Arts White Embossing Powder
- Jenni Bowling Inks (Chewing gum, Cough Syrup)
- Pearls and lace (local buys)
- Maya Road Heart Pins
- Hobby Ideas Acrylic Paint (flesh tint color)



To participate ensure you follow all our rules and help us comment by removing the word verification please :)

What's more?! The winner gets a gift voucher worth Rs.500 to shop at www.lulupu.com!!! :D and will also be invited to do a Guest DT post for our next Challenge! How cool is that?!

Not to forget, we would have top 3 winners who get to show off our kewl blinkie!

You have until the end of this month - 30th November to link up your projects.

No Back linking please. We want to see what you make post this challenge is announced.
Its important to link back to this challenge page with inklinz and drop a message in the comment box to alert our DT. Entries via Blogs will only be accepted! If you do not have a Blog,we suggest you start one right away and join the fun.
* You can link up your creation to a maximum of 5 challenges ONLY including this one to qualify. 
* Maximum 2 entries per person. Please add (2) for your second entry against your name.
* The challenge is open to only Indian nationals.





15 comments:

  1. Fabulous card and what a great tute?I am speechless and mighty nervous...because i have never made shabby chic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card Ujjwal. More than that I enjoyed watching the tute! It's a sheer joy to see your process of card making. You have magic in your hands!! You made it look so simple for us!! Love the tissue paper idea a lot!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that some Shabby chic! and your tute makes it looks so interesting and a little easy on someone like me who has never tried it! Lovely card Ujjwal! and welcome aboard :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your shabby chic card its so beautiful:)...and really enjoyed going through your video and seeing the creative process on how you made this card....wow you make it look so easy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a pretty card..love its soft and subtle colours !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! Fantastic video.. !Love the way the card came out from scratch.. wht a b'ful card..

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a Fabulous Challenge !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. MY fav.challenge..entered my card!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Entered my card...enjoyed every bit...thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have added my entry for the current challenge !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have added my second entry for the shabby chic card challenge..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved your challenge theme. I have entered my card. So excited !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have entered my card... Enjoyed a lot in making it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.