Thursday 31 May 2012

Washi Tapes are here!!!!

Hello everyone!!

It's almost June and all through May, we've all had fun learning and sharing cards with special folds. We also welcomed Juhi Khanna - a very talented crafter, as a part of our Design Team, so it's all been busy busy. But May is not over yet and we still have something for you - something that is jaw-dropping; well, almost.

As you all know, Washi Tapes have been a craze around the crafting community recently and my God have we all been eyeing them!! So, our awesome Lulupu Store had been putting in a lot of efforts just to be able to make these available to the Indian crafters, and guess what?? They're here!!!! Yayyy!!! *Super happy*
{You can check out all the designs available at the store right here. There are more than 60 designs available}

Being a part of the Design Team must have some privileges, right? We all got to pick and order for our favourite designs while they were being ordered for the store and as a result, I have mine with me already and I am ready to share some great quick cards with you that you can easily make with Washi Tapes.

While working with these tapes I realised that not only were they super fun to play with, I didn't have to restrict  myself to a specific pattern, design or style! I could use them any way I wanted and the end result would still be AWESOME!! I made three unique designs but six cards in all (in a span of two hours... I told you it was going to be quick!) So here are the pictures of what I made. I also have videos for you that show exactly how quick and easy it was to make them. :)







For a card of this type, make sure you use tapes of the same width or it will look really messy! :)

Here's Part 1 of the video..



And here's Part 2



We'd love to see you try these...

Here's the list of Washi Tapes and other supplies used:

Washi Tapes
For cards 1 -4



For Card 6

Other Supplies
1. Card Stock - Locally Purchased
2. Stamp sets used - Stamps of Life
   a) phrases 2 say
   b) candy2share
4. Embossing Powder - Ranger (Sea foam White)
6. Ink
   b) Memento - Tuxedo Black
   c) Distress Ink - Tim Holtz in Antique Lenin, Vintage Photo & Spun Sugar
8. Adhesive - E Z Runner (3L)
9. Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper - We R Memory Keepers

Have a nice day!!!

Cheers!!
Nikita...



6 comments:

  1. OMG!!! This is so so awesome! Loved the full collection. You made these simple tapes look like super heroes! loved the creativity and the idea! Just Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woooo hoooo Nikita!! Am so loving it.. My favorite is the last of the lot!! :D I just cant wait for the Washi tapes to reach my hands now..

    Mwah!!

    - Shruti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo pretty!
    Love them so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really, really love washi tape. I have found your blog through Pinterest and I especially love the last tape-card with the text 'you mean the world to me'. It inspired me to use the tape the same way, I posted it on my blog today. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Miranda... I am glad that you found our blog and my cards inspired you.. Hopping on over to your blog to check out what you created, right away... Thanks for stopping by and for your lovely comment.. Hope to see you here again.. :)

      Nikita.. :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.