Friday 23 March 2012

Your kindness warms my heart...

Hello people!!! This is Nikita here with another card using the fabulous patterned papers (and more) from the Lulupu Store.

But there are two things before we move on to that...
1. Here's wishing everyone a very Happy Gudi Padwa and Ugadi (for those who celebrate that!!!) I hope everyone has a great New Year and an even better rest of the year! :)
2. Did you see the fab tutorial by Shruti?? Did you know it was that easy to create a three-layered bow?? If you haven't you can check it out here!

Now, let's talk a little bit about what we have here today. I recently purchased the Sew Easy tool from the store and I really wanted to give that a try, so I tried to design the card in such a way that it could primarily incorporate a stitched pattern on it. The rest of the stuff is there just to complete the card, really :P

Since it was my first try at the tool, it wasn't as perfect as I wanted it to be because I had a little trouble creating the stitch pattern in a straight line. I had to change my base cardstock because I rolled the tool a little diagonally (it seems like "diagonal" and I have a special bond, what with the angular stamping that happened with my first card, and now this!)

But when I tried it on another piece of cardstock (the one that made it to the final card,) it was way better than my first try (even though my actual first try was on a piece of scrap paper, and THAT was perfect; can you believe that???) It's not perfect on the final card, but it's manageable.

Apart from the Sew Easy tool, I have used the Stamp Press, the Corner Chomper, the Cuttlebug, and many other tools.

Enough writing, now for the card!! Here it is...


Now, one thing I learned while making this card is that, even though Twine is a great embellishment and looks wonderful when just tied around cards in bows, it's not that great for stitching, and let me tell you why.

It's because the whole running and being pulled through the holes on the paper make the threads un-twine. So if you notice the stitch lines on the top and bottom of the card (especially the bottom), you will see that when the stitches start off from the left, you can see both red and white threads tightly wound up together.But as the stitch progresses towards the right, the threads become loose.

Nonetheless, it was a good first try for me and most of you might have already known what I learned today, but it was new for me. So just thought I should share what I learnt! :)

If you thought this was it, then you're so wrong. I have a start to end video for this card; yes I do. I think apart from writing super long sentences and posts; (on my personal blog) videos have now become my 'thing'; because this is my third post and all three of them have videos! :P

Anyway, enough bragging. Here's the video. Questions, suggestions, criticisms and of course, praises and compliments are welcome!! ;)



And finally, here's the list of Supplies!!


1. Card Stock:
   a) White - Purchased from Creativita Store
   b) Brown - Elle Erre Fabriano (Marrone), purchased from   
       Landmark

Supplies from LULUPU (or Crafting Queen Store)

3. Paper Trimmer - Fiskars




7. Ink
   a) Dye Ink - Rich Cocoa, Memento
   b) Distress Ink - Antique Lenin & Vintage Photo, Tim Holtz

8. Blending Tool - Inkssentials, Ranger

9. Stamp Set - Latte Love, Fiskars




13. Cuttlebug  & Accessories - Provo Craft

14. Dies:
   a) Standard Circles Large - Spellbinders
   b) Classic Scalloped Circles Large - Spellbinders

15. Embossing Pads - Spellbinders

See you all next time!! Happy Crafting!!

Love,
Nikita...

5 comments:

  1. This looks super cute Nikita.. I love d stamp set actually... it is really cute.. great first attempt at stitching... way to go girlie...!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super super video...love the ease at which you do the video now!! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great card Nikita... love dat stitching... and a great video!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stitch work, Nikita!! Will surely try it out once!!

    - Shruti

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.